Please read the rules. If in any doubt email iloveroyton@gmail.com

You are not logged in.

China Girl

#1 23.Jul.16 11:25:37

FerdyMayne

The Puckersley

Can't get in the Turk's Head tonight. Any news on the Puckersley? Last time I went, Manual was serving.

#2 23.Jul.16 11:44:32

MikeS

Re: The Puckersley

Manual is good. He does everything by the book. big_smile

#3 23.Jul.16 12:51:09

Erin

lol

#4 23.Jul.16 19:47:50

Tony

I have heard only good reports about the food since the new people took over.

War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

#5 24.Jul.16 11:06:46

chatterbox

I went a couple of weeks ago with my family and we had a lovely meal. We were served by a couple of young girls who seemed to be new but another member of staff kept an eye on them and helped when needed.

#6 18.Jun.18 16:03:26

Penguin

Thought I'd wake this thread up as we went for a meal at the Puckersley on Saturday for the time in ages.

The menu is rather extensive, with loads of options for starters & mains, so it takes a while to pick your meal.  I settled for the smoked haddock, spinach mash, mustard cream & soft poached egg option in the end and it was absolutely delicious.  My good lady had the hunters BBQ chicken, bacon & cheese bake with seasoned fries & salad which she said was also top notch.  Very filling they were too, so no room for a pudding! yikes

The only downside was that my friend couldn't have a rag pudding, which he was really looking forward to, as they are so popular that they had sold out - This was at 4:30pm, but to be fair it was very, very busy!!!

Service was excellent too, and they were most apologetic when they had to kick us off the table for the next sitting - Perfect timing though as the sun was shining and we enjoyed a final pint sat outside in the sunshine! big_smile

We will be going back very soon!

Oh Brilliant!  big_smile

#7 18.Jun.18 16:25:37

Tabbycat

I haven't been for a while so thanks for that, Pengy smile

Once you've read a dictionary everything else is just a remix

#8 18.Jun.18 16:32:58

crackerbarrel

Thanks for the heads up Penguin - it's years since we've been in for anything other than a drink, so may give that a try in the near future.  tummenupp

Happiness is a journey, not a destination.

#9 18.Jun.18 16:47:50

Mags

Last year when wenr to the Puckersley the food was lovely.We won't be going again in a rush though as our table was crammed very close to the next table. Hate that.

#10 18.Jun.18 21:26:08

Tony

I've been going in most Sundays for a while and not had a bad meal yet, the two courses for £9-95 is good value.
Down side this Sunday was that in the tap room (we eat there as it's dog friendly) they had removed two large tables and replaced them with a giant tv projection screen for the football, it really reduces the space and is far too big for a small area.

War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

#11 18.Jun.18 22:32:19

Woody

Tony wrote:

I've been going in most Sundays for a while and not had a bad meal yet, the two courses for £9-95 is good value.
Down side this Sunday was that in the tap room (we eat there as it's dog friendly) they had removed two large tables and replaced them with a giant tv projection screen for the football, it really reduces the space and is far too big for a small area.

The Halfway House is £9-95 for one course off the menu I saw,

I was told 70 booked for Fathers Day but someone passed 9-15 tonight said it was empty,

I would if I could but I can't,

Board footer