No adult jokes please... my Mother reads this website!

You are not logged in.

#1 02.May.18 17:51:51

LittleRach

45 minutes

That’s how long it took me to drive two miles home tonight.  Not impressed.

Though we cannot make our sun stand still, yet we will make him run.

#2 02.May.18 17:55:54

Tabbycat

Re: 45 minutes

I haven't been out but everyone else who has is telling me how bad the traffic is tonight.

What's going on?

Once you've read a dictionary everything else is just a remix

#3 02.May.18 17:56:37

Tony

Compounded by the resurfacing on Castleton Rd  sad  It will all be completed by Friday.

War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

#4 02.May.18 18:55:38

Philpot
Banned

LittleRach wrote:

That’s how long it took me to drive two miles home tonight.  Not impressed.

Infrastructure repairs and upgrades are an essential requirement.

These works are undertaken to provide us all with the roads and services that we think we deserve

A slight delay to the daily commute is a small price to pay

#5 02.May.18 20:04:50

ridge walker

On Monday May 1st, a coucil highways truck was parked outside the posr office, two workmen were dealing with the railings- 2 sections of it had the posts opened at there base and new flags were being cut to seal the holes, the fence panels were old reclaimed ones to match the rest and i thought at first they were being extended to prevent pedestrians crossing the road from the opposite bus stop for Rochdale rather than use the crossing point.   The truck was blocking traffic as they had to overtake the obstruction so i could see it went back to TVC, so i kept watch from the inside the barbers.

Concrete was mixed in a barrow then used to secure the posts then sweeping went on top for the setting the flags but they were too tight to fit, so they used a rubber hammer, bound to break the flag if they carried on but they were not going to recut it, oh no, it was up half an inch so it would have to do, using the remnants of the cement in the barrow they then pointed the gap around the post, now you may think this is a complaint but on leaving the barbers i asked what they were doing and they said the railings had been knocked down in an accident so they were replacing them, i mentioned they matched the others- all green with mould and the black paintwork all dirty, at which point they brought two buckets and began to wash them clean, within minutes they were like new, 2 out of hundreds and ruined the effect Royton was a dump, it excused everything, the tailback of traffic and everything i had seen, with positivety like Philpots welcome back, oh joy what a day.

#6 02.May.18 20:09:27

LittleRach

Tony wrote:

Compounded by the resurfacing on Castleton Rd  sad  It will all be completed by Friday.

I wonder why they have to do bits that are essentially the only two routes that way, at the same time!  Surely with a bit of common sense, one bit could finish, then do the other bit.

Though we cannot make our sun stand still, yet we will make him run.

#7 02.May.18 20:24:22

ridge walker

Have you been to Rochdale Rach, theres been tailbacks for weeks where a new road has been built near Fishwick St and the railway bridge, i noticed the first start to the works along Oldham Road at the pavement then the bigger scheme started, it looks finished but its fenced off possibly for new lighting columns, anyway the temporary traffiv lights have caused long delays at Kingsway crossroads and at Broad Lane, no need for it is there.

#8 02.May.18 23:11:06

chatterbox

I find myself looking lower down directly in front of me more and more as I try to drive safely avoiding the many potholes/crumbling roads ahead of me. I realised I am forced to take my eye away from the road a little further ahead of myself and wonder just how safe this is.  I drive carefully and slowly  to negotiate these obstacles.   Its not always easy to see how bad the hole is until your almost on top of it by which time it can be too late to avoid it though that's not always possible if other traffic is close by.
It doesn't matter where you drive the roads are worse I have ever seem them.

Board footer