No adult jokes please... my Mother reads this website!

You are not logged in.

#1 06.May.18 18:06:30

Woody

IT Upgrade,

Vodophone have erected a large Monopole today about 60ft high on the pavement on Rochdale Road just before the Firbank Bus stop looks a bit like a blot on the landscape being so big and so close to the Road,

Could it be the Thornham Mill is coming down there is a lot of communication equipment on there, ?

The old cotton Mills were perfect for Aerials And Disc but all gone now,

I would if I could but I can't,

#2 06.May.18 19:47:20

Tony

Re: IT Upgrade,

Is it not the new climbing frame for Dogford Park wink

War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

#3 06.May.18 23:40:03

Penguin

It's probably a Maypole for tomorrow's May Day celebrations...  big_smile

Oh Brilliant!  big_smile

#4 07.May.18 07:49:15

ridge walker

Not seen this yet, i once thought there was already a pylon on that corner, you say its from vodaphone but could it be one of those grey poles that are very common now along main roads that are way markers for aircraft or beacons, if you link it to Thornham Mill for phone signals that may be wrong, was any legal notice  displayed or  information to residents posted ?, this may explain the work to provide that grey box i mentiond near the bus shelter with no markings when i was following the water leak problem, the top will have a bulge  in the poles diameter.

#5 07.May.18 10:33:27

Woody

It does have a bulge at the top there is one just the same has you turn onto Kirkholt down near Las Scala,

I would if I could but I can't,

#6 07.May.18 13:25:11

ridge walker

Yes that went up over a year ago, they are all around MIA close to the road, people were asking what they were for and this was the answer, mobile signal transmitters had to be high to be in contact with one another, these first are lower in urban areas then after a number of years can be increased in height to increase their coverage, the beacons are fixed on the ground and remain at that height due to the signal going vertical not horizontal.

Board footer