Please read the rules. If in any doubt email iloveroyton@gmail.com

You are not logged in.

exile

nola

#1 13.May.18 16:05:08

ridge walker

Obstruction

On Rochdale Lane nr Kershaw Street, i know its been discussed but its been over a year now with barriers around it, at first you could just give way to approaching traffic but now standing traffic is back to Flake lane and its blocking traffic from the Junction lights, is it a hole or a broken manhole cover, word was theres a dispute over whose responsibility it is, cant be doing the residents in the terrace any good having this outside there door all day and night, i seem to be in it every time i pass, why cant they put a steel sheet over it and open the road ?

#2 13.May.18 20:25:12

Tony

Re: Obstruction

Have they just forgotten about it because there is one in Thornham that's been untouched for 3 months now, I've spoken by phone to them on Friday and they had forgotten why they even dug the trench!! so maybe that might get filled in.

War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

#3 14.May.18 15:20:47

Erin

I have noticed a road sign today at the start of High St., informing of a road closure at Kershaw St., I am sure I haven't seen it there before.

#4 14.May.18 15:46:43

Tabbycat

I've seen that too. It's just gone up today. The hole in the road looked to all intents and purposes to have been filled in and resurfaced weeks ago but still had the cones around it.
I wondered why they didn't remove the cones and open the road up again but instead they've closed the road off. Doesn't make any sense.

Once you've read a dictionary everything else is just a remix

#5 14.May.18 20:29:24

Tony

Rochdale definitely closed now, more hold ups in the morning sad

War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

#6 14.May.18 23:12:16

Woody

Looked to night holed filled in resurfaced just awaiting removal of cones and excavated edge protection job done,

Probably on such a warm day the Tarmac hot laid would not have been hard enough to support traffic so overnight to cool will do the trick,

I would if I could but I can't,

Board footer