Please read the rules. If in any doubt email iloveroyton@gmail.com

You are not logged in.

China Girl

#1 17.Jul.18 13:11:24

ridge walker

Park Lane House.

Currently being renovated after a long closure and the callapse of the roof pedament, the building is being stripped out and waste skips regularly leave the site, its owned by Serco Group, used previousley by imigration and justice to house tagged offenders in the community i believe, the extent of the work is not known regarding the rear extention that blights the building when it was extended for use as a care home, worth keeping tabs on this as it has history, is it an asset to the town or not on a confined space, opening that up to redevelopment along Sandy Lane has potential to serve Tandle View Court and its visitors.

#2 17.Jul.18 15:32:14

exile

Re: Park Lane House.

Park Lane House does have history as you say Ridge but the building isn’t all that wonderful. So would it be such a disaster if it was demolished.

who is bigger Mr Bigger or Mr Biggers son ? the son he is a little Bigger

#3 17.Jul.18 16:02:22

Tabbycat

It's one of the few original buildings we have left in Royton so yes, I'm pleased something is being done with it. I'd be happy to see the ugly extension removed but I can't wait to see what they make of the rest of it.

Once you've read a dictionary everything else is just a remix

#4 17.Jul.18 19:57:36

ridge walker

Old photographs of the house with the flat iron shaped Mill behind it was a stunning view, it was the managers house, most mills had lodges and were demolished along with the mills but this survived, not sure if it has a blue plaque or is listed for protection to preserve its features but i doubt that,  it will be interesting to find out what they will do with it.    Before the extention was built the area was a green space then a timber panel fence was put up to enclose the plot, that was an outrage at the time, followed by that basic flat roofed insensitive attachment, thats why i asked if its an asset anymore, just a relic, if so a couple of portocabins would suit serco just as well anywhere if all they need is temporary accommodation, would such work require planning concent i wonder if its just a bit of  repair work and a lick of paint.

#5 18.Jul.18 07:41:57

Erin

I too hope that Park Lane House isn't demolished, wouldn't it be great if it could be restored to how it used to look.  I know that most probably that will not happen, the cost would be prohibitive but surely to demolish it and make it into a car park for TVC and its' visitors would be criminal.  We will have to wait and see what happens, I would imagine the decision has already been made about the outcome.

#6 18.Jul.18 08:41:23

ridge walker

If the house was returned to its original condition as the Managers house like a museum peice for school children with a mangle in a corner and a tin bath  hanging on the wall and outside privy, but in private ownership they seem to be able to do whatever they want, planning powers are restricted and there has to be a profit.

The frontage to TVC on Rochdale Road has caused problems for large vehicles that have to stop here, there is no alternative option available for ambulances and those moving in with their furnature and belongings, fire and police services, no provision was made as it was all left for highways to deal with or not, access to any major building is always the same, sort it out afterwards, get the school or centre built first thats the priority, when its essentially has the same importance and vital.

The rear of TVC is poor and the house masks the view of it, and thats a problem were stuck with.

#7 18.Jul.18 09:53:29

Tabbycat

What a great idea taking it back to it's original state. That will never happen though as there's no money in it. I would hate to see it demolished, it has a lot of history doesn't it.
I'm pretty sure a car park could be built on land at the rear of TVC without demolishing the house.
It was badly designed for access from the word go. A schoolboy/girl could have designed it better. Whoever thought it was a good idea to have ambulances stuck in the road stopping traffic needs a rocket.

Once you've read a dictionary everything else is just a remix

#8 18.Jul.18 10:44:21

Woody

ridge walker wrote:

If the house was returned to its original condition as the Managers house like a museum peice for school children with a mangle in a corner and a tin bath  hanging on the wall and outside privy, but in private ownership they seem to be able to do whatever they want, planning powers are restricted and there has to be a profit.

The frontage to TVC on Rochdale Road has caused problems for large vehicles that have to stop here, there is no alternative option available for ambulances and those moving in with their furnature and belongings, fire and police services, no provision was made as it was all left for highways to deal with or not, access to any major building is always the same, sort it out afterwards, get the school or centre built first thats the priority, when its essentially has the same importance and vital.

The rear of TVC is poor and the house masks the view of it, and thats a problem were stuck with.

That's were the service entrance should have been at the rear, Or built further back to allow a in and out drive for Ambulances Etc,

I would if I could but I can't,

#9 18.Jul.18 10:50:10

Woody

Tabbycat wrote:

What a great idea taking it back to it's original state. That will never happen though as there's no money in it. I would hate to see it demolished, it has a lot of history doesn't it.
I'm pretty sure a car park could be built on land at the rear of TVC without demolishing the house.
It was badly designed for access from the word go. A schoolboy/girl could have designed it better. Whoever thought it was a good idea to have ambulances stuck in the road stopping traffic needs a rocket.

But they never get it, Its just Ahh Well mad

It was added on purely to increase capacity,

I would think it will have some form of listing/ Protection the Mill was directly behind it,

I was surprised when that flat roofed Extention was built,

It had no Architectural Merit at all,  OMBC protecting your Heritage,

Last edited by Woody (18.Jul.18 10:51:38)

I would if I could but I can't,

Board footer