Please read the rules. If in any doubt email iloveroyton@gmail.com

You are not logged in.

#1 18.Jul.18 23:25:53

nola

The bollards near Tandle View Court

They are supposed to be high visibility yellow but it's peeled off and is now mostly all black.
It's so dangerous at night, you must can't see there is a bollard there in the middle of the road

Really called Janet (and still confused)

#2 19.Jul.18 17:06:54

Mags

Re: The bollards near Tandle View Court

A stranger could easily miss seeing them Nola. Perhaps James will see this post

#3 19.Jul.18 21:31:05

nola

Mags wrote:

A stranger could easily miss seeing them Nola. Perhaps James will see this post

That would be good

#4 20.Jul.18 08:43:10

ridge walker

I think this is where the pedestrian island was put in just before the bus stop at the end of the building on the Rochdale side, the bollards had bendy plastic hi-vis blades attached but if struck they get broken off so you only have the base, if its a stantion that would cause major damage, i think the new type of blade were replacement for the square plastic illuminated ones that were always on the floor- that shows how many were being hit, these island are a nuesence but they have supporters when people cant cross the road due to traffic flow, i dont like the idea that pedestrians are safe being in the centre of the road trapped between lines of traffic and not able to complete their crossing to the opposite pavement, especially if they have children beside them or a buggy, scares me that as the way we permit roadside parking many vehicles are verring to the inside to miss the refuges, and then out again to miss a parked bus, the entire thing is wrong and i wont change that oppinion, i regard them as obstructions as they are only used very infrequently yet they are in place perminantly, one example thats been altered is the the one on Chadderton Hall Road, and is now far safer for pedestrians.   Highways dont know best.

#5 27.Jul.18 12:20:15

ridge walker

Nola,  the bollards look ok from the TVC side, its the one nearest the Bluebelle PH thats black, as for Mags  comment James may see it and that would be good , i do hope so.

#6 21.Sep.18 21:05:02

nola

I had reported the bollards problem online.   The field on the website only allowed for the description of one situation, whereas it is all the bollards towards Oldham.
I got an email today saying the job has been done.  I haven't looked yet whether they have only done the one at Tandle View Court or also the other ones towards Oldham.

#7 21.Sep.18 21:16:20

Mags

Well done Nola, a girl after my own heart.

#8 21.Sep.18 21:34:42

Tabbycat

Result, Nola smile

Once you've read a dictionary everything else is just a remix

#9 21.Sep.18 22:54:46

crackerbarrel

tummenupp

Happiness is a journey, not a destination.

#10 29.Sep.18 13:19:08

nola

er... I've just finally got around to driving past the bollards near Tandle View Court.   
They haven't fixed them at all!!! 
So they are still a dangerous black obstacle in the middle of the road after dark. 
They have done the ones towards the hospital, but the ones near TVC were the ones I reported, with others as "and also".
Back to to website

Board footer