No adult jokes please... my Mother reads this website!

You are not logged in.

exile

Tony

#1 21.Sep.17 08:34:42

Tony

FAO James.

James are you privy to the results of the speed survey that took place for a number of weeks using sensor strips placed on Rochdale Rd just below the Half Way House ?

Last edited by Tony (24.Sep.17 18:43:24)

War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

#2 25.Sep.17 10:41:51

James Larkin

Re: FAO James.

Hi Tony, sorry only just seen this. I remember there being issues with the initial survey, and the results would be fed back to me when they had been compiled. I'll dig through my emails later but don't think I've had anything yet. Will get back to you.

#3 25.Sep.17 16:08:28

Woody

Is it not the case James were the wires are laid for a period of time to access average speeds then if needed a community speed van attends for a few occasions until people realise and slow down unfortunately most speeds are the boy racers at night,

There is the odd case of a neighbours daughter overtaking a learner driver taking lessons and in doing so to pass safely but quickly exceeded the set limit going uphill by just enough to get a ticket its not the fine its the points that are unfair,

If constant offenders paid enough in fines they would slow down,

I would if I could but I can't,

#4 25.Sep.17 17:35:45

sg
Administrator

They have average speed check cameras in Blackley  for 30mph
I'd love the same between the summit and the junction

[citation needed]

#5 25.Sep.17 19:10:08

Woody

It just needs a bit of common sense SG but todays young drivers in high performance cars have something to prove to each other and how they afford the insurance premiums is beyond me,

I spoke to a lad in Asda last year in a two seater Mazda type coupe an immaculate car Insurance at 22 years old with a clean licence around £150 month on direct debit.

After passing a test they should be limited to a certain CC level for a probationary period until they gain road craft,
The antics of young drivers these days are pushing everybody's premiums up,

I would if I could but I can't,

#6 25.Sep.17 19:25:37

sg
Administrator

I think speeds will get faster once the electric car revolution kicks in.
They can be made super fast, super powerful without suffering dreadful MPG off a traditional muscle car

Check this out

So I'd like to see average speed check cams

[citation needed]

#7 28.Sep.17 17:32:05

LittleRach

sg wrote:

I think speeds will get faster once the electric car revolution kicks in.
They can be made super fast, super powerful without suffering dreadful MPG off a traditional muscle car

Check this out

So I'd like to see average speed check cams

Don't forget that they'll be self driving though, so you won't need any speed cameras!!  wink

Though we cannot make our sun stand still, yet we will make him run.

#8 28.Sep.17 21:30:09

The Chief

Just watch what will happen to Tesla!!!!!!

Be happy - You'll live longer

Board footer