No adult jokes please... my Mother reads this website!

You are not logged in.

exile

Tony

#1 17.Nov.17 09:57:19

nola

Motorbike in Royton Cemetery

I am posting this for a friend, for the Councillors' consideration.
Each morning at about 7.30am a motorbike enters Royton Cemetery via Butcher Lane (off Harewood Drive) through the gate that is designated for pedestrians only.
The loud revving noise wakes up nearby residents each morning.    My friend suffers from clinical depression and finds this very unsettling.

If a resident is able to get the registration number of the motorbike, would the Council be able to do anything?   Firstly, it looks like a breach of a local bylaw and secondly it is an environmental health problem for residents.

Hope you can help.

Really called Janet (and still confused)

#2 17.Nov.17 19:56:24

Rebel

Re: Motorbike in Royton Cemetery

Mabey a resident of  Thorp farm estate taking a short cut  .  A bike rider who has no respect or moral compass .

Last edited by Rebel (17.Nov.17 19:57:10)

I was in the House when the house burned down !.

#3 19.Nov.17 23:45:42

James Larkin

Will take this up tomorrow morning Nola.

#4 20.Nov.17 19:58:23

nola

James Larkin wrote:

Will take this up tomorrow morning Nola.

Thank you James, I'll tell my friend

Really called Janet (and still confused)

#5 20.Nov.17 20:27:25

Woody

Could be a Bat out of, Going back to Hell,

Its quicker than an Hand Cart I would think,  angel

I would if I could but I can't,

#6 21.Nov.17 00:30:31

China Girl

It must be really annoying and through a cemetery as well.  Some people have no respect for either the living or the dead  neutral

#7 21.Nov.17 01:06:47

Woody

All the problems with grave stones were brought about with kids climbing then when one fell over on a child the health &Safety got involved at great cost visiting Cemetery's tagging every stone that moved notices were sent out to families to rectify in so many weeks if it was not done then the local authority laid them flat,

#8 21.Nov.17 13:34:55

Erin

How do the headstones become unstable in the first place? Is it the speed that the groundwork staff have to work to to maintain their timetable?  The machinery is heavy it wouldn't take much to disturb the footings on which the headstones are resting.  When I go to the cemetery to my Mum's grave I am always relieved that it is still safe.

#9 21.Nov.17 16:11:35

Woody

Erin wrote:

How do the headstones become unstable in the first place? Is it the speed that the groundwork staff have to work to to maintain their timetable?  The machinery is heavy it wouldn't take much to disturb the footings on which the headstones are resting.  When I go to the cemetery to my Mum's grave I am always relieved that it is still safe.

Some are caused by natural ground movement/age and deterioration, Some by vandals,

But parks staff would rather there just be headstones and no kerbs so they can mow all areas.

And some graves have no living relatives so failing stones are a problem who pays the cost,

#10 22.Nov.17 21:44:19

Mags

My grandparents head stone had a large chip on the base after the grass had been cut. It had obviously been caught by the machinery the gardeners use.The council paid for it to be repaired.

Board footer