No adult jokes please... my Mother reads this website!

You are not logged in.

crackerbarrel

#1 12.Jan.18 10:40:10

ridge walker

New restaurant ?

Chinese and Thai called Jing Thai at 22 Middleton Road, Royton, not sure where that address is but is this a name change to the one near Shepherd Street further down from the flower shop, that was Thai, thats a shame as the owner were nice  as i saw them before it opened, and its now a take away with a delivery service, open from 11-30 am Tue -Fri'

#2 12.Jan.18 11:37:24

Penguin

Re: New restaurant ?

The Jing Thai is the new name for the Siam Orchid and still appears to be a restaurant as well as offering a take away service!

Oh Brilliant!  big_smile

#3 12.Jan.18 14:30:11

ridge walker

It was shuttered up today after the opening time, it has parking restrictions but so has all the others inc' the Golden Ball, it could be they deliver by bike up to 3 miles away over Thornham and High Crompton, has anyone been in this restaurant (Siam Orchid)  not being a night time diner myself i know nothing about any restaurants in the town or the borough, and those on Parliament Square, no chance of a visit after dark these days, not ever if i think back.   To be fair they and others work hard delivering their menues but never ordered one, dont think i'm missing anything but you may surprise me ha ha.

#4 12.Jan.18 14:53:18

Penguin

We went in the old Siam Orchid quite a few times and loved it.  Looking at the reviews of the new place it sounds like it's still up to standard.

You should pop in for a lunch Ridge, the menu looks rather tasty!

Oh Brilliant!  big_smile

#5 12.Jan.18 15:34:18

crackerbarrel

We also went into the Siam Orchid quite a few times in the past & loved the food there. Have yet to try the new one but will definitely do so soon & will let you know how it goes Ridge.  big_smile

Happiness is a journey, not a destination.

#6 12.Jan.18 18:30:46

LittleRach

Only been to the Siam once, and generally I’m not overly keen on Thai food - there seems to be a lot of coconut, and I don’t really like coconut.

But we will definitely try it some time.

Though we cannot make our sun stand still, yet we will make him run.

#7 12.Jan.18 19:48:43

Tony

LittleRach wrote:

Only been to the Siam once, and generally I’m not overly keen on Thai food - there seems to be a lot of coconut, and I don’t really like coconut.

Coconut seems to be the new healthy option now Rach according to this weeks studies on coconut oil, it raises HDL levels without affecting LDL smile

War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

#8 12.Jan.18 20:30:36

LittleRach

Tony wrote:
LittleRach wrote:

Coconut seems to be the new healthy option now Rach according to this weeks studies on coconut oil, it raises HDL levels without affecting LDL smile

Hopefully one day someone will decide that chocolate and cheese is the new healthy option!

Though we cannot make our sun stand still, yet we will make him run.

#9 12.Jan.18 20:56:31

Penguin

LittleRach wrote:

Hopefully one day someone will decide that chocolate and cheese is the new healthy option!

Doctor Penguin say, cheese, chocolate and alcohol is THE healthy option! big_smile

Oh Brilliant!  big_smile

#10 12.Jan.18 22:52:14

ridge walker

I regret not having been in before, i often wanted too at mid-day but it always felt extravigant when on my own just to do research, i know Cracker will enjoy it as i think she likes dining out, i will await her news when she visits again.

Board footer