No adult jokes please... my Mother reads this website!

You are not logged in.

#151 06.Feb.18 13:13:35

Barleycorn

Re: Momentum - The emerging face of Communism in Royton

Philpot wrote:

The chap in white shirt was not connected to Rees Mogg

Nor was he acting on behalf of Rees Mogg

Rees Mogg has no security which is why he approached the baying idiots alone

However the actions of the chap on the white were clearly supported by the vast majority of decent minded Brits who have no time for the violent and moronic Antifa / Momentum anarchists who tried to silence Rees Mogg

That's an impressive statistic - would love to see your data.    Or did you simply make it up?

For clarity - he punched a woman square in the face.

She was being disruptive - rude, even - but is that how we deal with outspoken people?!?  A smack in the face?   

"Most decent minded Brits" support this?   I'm not convinced.

I went through ALL your posts, found nothing,

#152 06.Feb.18 13:26:27

Philpot
Banned

Unfortunately the facts somewhat undermine all of your theories

This is quite a common problem for the left

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/bris … ob-1169614

The 'man in the white shirt' speaks out after he's accused of punching a female protester at Jacob Rees-Mogg event

He says he only got involved because of a 'lack of security' at the UWE speech

The man accused of kicking off the scuffle at Jacob Rees-Mogg’s speech at UWE has spoken out for the first time, saying he only entered the fray because of a lack of security staff at the event.

Paul Townsley, 55, was with his son, who is currently in sixth form.

He got involved in the ruckus after a group of antifascist activists bust into the lecture theatre shouting slogans and calling for Mr Rees-Mogg to be ‘no platformed.’

He said his reaction was prompted by a lack of security and during the confrontation he feared an attack on Mr Rees-Mogg, in the wake of the murder of another MP, Jo Cox.

Mr Townsley said: "He was vulnerable. From the guy in the sunglasses' body language, he was getting more aggressive and getting into Mr Rees-Mogg's personal space.

"It was a disgraceful event. I'm going to write a letter to UWE asking why there was no security.

"I went along with my son, who studies politics. He should not be subjected to that behaviour.

"At the entrance, there were two students behind a desk who you handed tickets to before going in."

Irish-born Mr Townsley, who left Belfast because of the Troubles, said: "I have seen people murdered.

"I was worried about Mr Rees-Mogg's safety. I knew there was no security."

Responding to allegations that he punched a female protester, the martial arts expert said: "I didn't hit anybody.

"She was too close and I put my hand up to protect myself. She wanted to be there. She wasn't an innocent bystander.

"People will think what they want to think. I never hit anybody. She got so close that I could feel spittle in my face and I put my hand up to stop it.

"They broke in, in masks, I was intimidated but I was not going to back down to bullying or intimidation."

He denied being a grey haired man pictured standing behind Mr Rees Mogg in a photograph taken on a separate occasion.

Mr Townsley, a "working class family man" who lives in Bristol, added: "If you don't like what someone's saying, you vote against it. That's democracy.

"The only good thing to come out of the altercation was that nobody got hurt.

"I'm not a fan of politicians, I think they should be questioned at every opportunity."

And so ends Barlycorns conspiracy theory

#153 06.Feb.18 14:57:17

Barleycorn

Conspiracy theory?   

Although I guess you would recognise one of those...

#redsunderthebeds

#154 06.Feb.18 15:13:02

ridge walker

When the President of the USA was interviewed by Peirs Morgan (his freind) he was asked about the 30,000 gun related deaths in his country each year compared to 27 in the UK, Donald turned in his chair and simply said he had made his position clear on this issue and they moved on without another word about it, pack it in lads,  put a sock in it please.

#155 06.Feb.18 15:22:03

Barleycorn

ridge walker wrote:

When the President of the USA was interviewed by Peirs Morgan (his freind) he was asked about the 30,000 gun related deaths in his country each year compared to 27 in the UK, Donald turned in his chair and simply said he had made his position clear on this issue and they moved on without another word about it, pack it in lads,  put a sock in it please.

OK - message understood - going round in circles now, so time to stop.

#156 06.Feb.18 17:07:55

Philpot
Banned

Barleycorn wrote:

Back on thread - Anything local?  Anything relevant?   Anything true?

No, thought not.

Very local, very relevant, very recent and very true

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk … n-13913626

A decade-long fight for the soul of the Labour party’ - how Momentum are gaining ground in Manchester

Battle-lines have been drawn following Manchester’s fraught council selections

#157 06.Feb.18 17:55:53

Tony

ridge walker wrote:

tummenupp

War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

#158 06.Feb.18 19:06:03

crackerbarrel

Barleycorn wrote:
ridge walker wrote:

OK - message understood - going round in circles now, so time to stop.

tummenupp

Happiness is a journey, not a destination.

#159 08.Feb.18 07:39:25

Philpot
Banned

It will be interesting to learn if any of our councillors or potential councillors are to be give this ‘training’ at the planned Manchester sessions

6th Feb 2018
Momentum sets up councillor network to target local elections

Labour group to provide advice on policies and tactics, despite unease over ‘purge’ of opponents

Momentum has set up a network to provide training and support to councillors in target constituencies, despite accusations the grassroots group has been mounting an “aggressive purge” of opponents in areas such as Haringey.

The network aims to promote cross-collaboration between Jeremy Corbyn-supporting councils such as Haringey, as well as Salford and Preston, before local council elections take place in May.

Momentum will hold councillor training days in Manchester, Birmingham and London in March when it will train council candidates on community-based campaigning and organising. It hopes to establish a network where Corbyn-supporting councillors can share experience and policy ideas that have worked in their local areas to counter drastic cuts from central government.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 … -elections

#160 11.Feb.18 17:24:26

Philpot
Banned

Another example of the lunacy spreading within the Labour Party. Now they are banning white male heterosexuals from attending their Equalities Conference.!

They seem to believe that white, male heterosexuals have nothing to contribute to the subject of Equality. It seems that Labour land everyone is equal but some are more equal than others.

https://order-order.com/2018/02/11/no-s … onference/

#161 19.Feb.18 19:30:53

Philpot
Banned

Jeremy Corbyn should be 'open' over spy's claims, says Theresa May

Jeremy Corbyn should be "open and transparent" about his alleged contacts with a Communist spy during the 1980s, Theresa May has suggested.
Asked about claims a Czech intelligence officer met and tried to recruit Mr Corbyn during the Cold War, she said MPs must "account" for past actions.
The Labour Party has said claims he was an agent were a "ridiculous smear".
Czech officials say files show he was a "person of interest" but was never a secret collaborator or an informer.
Files held by the Czech Security Service Archive, first reported by the Sun, detail contacts Mr Corbyn is alleged to have had with a Czechoslovakian diplomat and agent in London in 1986 and 1987.
Jan Sarkocy told the newspaper he met Mr Corbyn on several occasions, including in the House of Commons, while he was working undercover in the London Embassy under the name of Jan Dymic.
At an event in Derby, the prime minister was asked whether she agreed with her defence secretary Gavin Williamson that Mr Corbyn's file - which reportedly gives insights into his character and views on foreign policy issues from the time - should now be released so people could make up their own mind about the claims.
"It is for individual members of Parliament to be accountable for their actions in the past," she replied.
"Where there are allegations of this sort, MPs should be prepared to be open and transparent."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-43111794

#162 19.Feb.18 23:08:06

Rebel

Philpot wrote:

Jeremy Corbyn should be 'open' over spy's claims, says Theresa May

Jeremy Corbyn should be "open and transparent" about his alleged contacts with a Communist spy during the 1980s, Theresa May has suggested.
Asked about claims a Czech intelligence officer met and tried to recruit Mr Corbyn during the Cold War, she said MPs must "account" for past actions.
The Labour Party has said claims he was an agent were a "ridiculous smear".
Czech officials say files show he was a "person of interest" but was never a secret collaborator or an informer.
Files held by the Czech Security Service Archive, first reported by the Sun, detail contacts Mr Corbyn is alleged to have had with a Czechoslovakian diplomat and agent in London in 1986 and 1987.
Jan Sarkocy told the newspaper he met Mr Corbyn on several occasions, including in the House of Commons, while he was working undercover in the London Embassy under the name of Jan Dymic.
At an event in Derby, the prime minister was asked whether she agreed with her defence secretary Gavin Williamson that Mr Corbyn's file - which reportedly gives insights into his character and views on foreign policy issues from the time - should now be released so people could make up their own mind about the claims.
"It is for individual members of Parliament to be accountable for their actions in the past," she replied.
"Where there are allegations of this sort, MPs should be prepared to be open and transparent."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-43111794

I knew there was something fishy about him   the beard gives the game away .

I was in the House when the house burned down !.

#163 21.Feb.18 12:23:22

Barleycorn

clear enough to me - Corbyn, as a new(ish) MP, met all sorts of politically relevant people.   Some will turn out, decades later, to have an agenda.   All part of the job,.

The vested interests represented by tax dodging press barons are worried.   

I am far more concerned that today, lknowingly and with eyes ( and bank accounts) wide open, Theresa May and many others in our current govt - dine privately with the likes of Dacre, Murdoch etc. 

Companies who see the UK nothing other than  a source of £££s pay our current govt ministers for privileged access.  Deals are done.  Contracts are awarded, pockets lined, OUR services, infrastructure, nhs, police, etc etc diminished, sold, prfoteered into oblivion.

Corbyn IS a threat to some.   As is Momentum.   A threat to the greedy, venal cheats who deprive the UK in general ( and areas like ours in particular) of resources the second we stop being 'productive' enough.

Its a smear campaign.    Threads like this, all nudge-nudge, wink-wink suggestions of a commie plot simply play into the hands of Dacre, the Barclays, Murdoch and their asset stripping buddies.

Last edited by Barleycorn (21.Feb.18 12:27:03)

#164 21.Feb.18 17:38:08

Philpot
Banned

This is not a smear campaign Barleycorn, but moreover a statement of fact(s) about the labour leader Jeremy Corbyn aka Agent Cob

For starters I am sure you will agree with me Barley that the Labour party leader has been in the most obscure corner of British politics for three decades, only moving to the front bench, never mind party’s leadership!! in 2015.

Well it’s become increasingly clear that during those decades, he used his obscure corner of politics to only one discernible end!

Namely to agitate for almost any group so long as they opposed the British state. !!

As we have discussed before on here, Corbyn was the most prominent supporter in Parliament of the IRA, inviting its leaders to Parliament just after they had attempted to assassinate a British prime minister, and even standing to honor as “martyrs” IRA terrorists killed in an attack on a British police station. Corbyn’s supporters like to pretend that their leader was merely the foremost, advanced brigade of the “peace” business and that in all the years supporting IRA killers he was in fact merely paving the way for the Good Friday Agreement. But Corbyn actually paid no part in the agreement

A similar story has played out since 2015 regarding Corbyn’s support for almost any Islamist extremist he can get his hands on. Whenever he has been quizzed in recent years on why he has been so keen to meet Hamas, Hezbollah, and any available Holocaust denier who might not otherwise have made it into his orbit, his supporters explain that this is all just part of a broader search for “peace.” Albeit a peace that involves only meeting one side and then expressing unyielding solidarity with their cause.

The list goes on.

His support for, and apologism on behalf of, the government of Venezuela remains immovable. This as the people of Venezuela starve be the thousand

As do Corbyns set responses when quizzed about an even worse alliance. When asked why between 2009 and 2012 Corbyn received £20,000 from the government of Iran via its “Press TV” propaganda channel, he and his supporters claim that all this happened many years ago and that besides £20,000 isn’t an enormous amount.

Even you Barleycorn must be able to see through your own left wing perspective that it is becoming understandable why few right minded people can honestly assess the record of Corbyn’s beliefs, pay, and connections and come away believing the claim that he is indeed merely a fair minded fellow with the best interests of his country at heart!!

It just does not add up Barleycorn

#165 21.Feb.18 18:33:42

sg
Administrator

He’s not an enemy of the state. He’s an enemy of the status quo

[citation needed]

#166 21.Feb.18 19:43:31

Philpot
Banned

sg wrote:

The status quo has produced modern Britain

And modern Britain has given us ...
The NHS
Team GB
Proper pubs
Roast beef and Yorkshire Pudding
Her Majesty, the Queen
Bradley Wiggins
Our armed forces
Proper cups of tea
The RAF
Sir David Attenborough
The BBC
Buckingham Palace
Decent bacon sandwiches
The Lake District
Having respect for our elders
Tower Bridge
Fry-ups
Stonehenge
Prince William and Kate
The White Cliffs of Dover
The Royal British Legion
Mo Farah
Our ability to apologise
James Bond
Harry Potter
The British film industry
Sarcasm
Beans on toast
Neighbourly spirit
Cornish pasties
Multiculturalism
Real ale
Cream teas
The Salvation Army
Jessica Ennis Hill
Judi Dench 
David Beckham
Glastonbury
Stiff upper lip
Hadrian’s wall
Absolutely Fabulous
Cricket
Marmite
Worcestershire Sauce
Coronation Street
The Clifton Suspension Bridge 
The Angel of the North
Marmalade
The BAFTAS
Ellie Simmonds
The WI
Oldham Athletic

... etc

#167 21.Feb.18 20:00:08

sg
Administrator

Philpot wrote:
sg wrote:

The NHS
Team GB
Proper pubs
Her Majesty, the Queen
Bradley Wiggins
Our armed forces
Proper cups of tea
The RAF
Sir David Attenborough
The BBC
Buckingham Palace
Decent bacon sandwiches
The Lake District
Tower Bridge
Fry-ups
Stonehenge
Prince William and Kate
The Royal British Legion
Mo Farah
Our ability to apologise
James Bond
Harry Potter
Sarcasm
Beans on toast
Neighbourly spirit
Cornish pasties
Multiculturalism
Real ale
Cream teas
The Salvation Army
Jessica Ennis Hill
Judi Dench 
David Beckham
Glastonbury
Stiff upper lip
Hadrian’s wall
Absolutely Fabulous
Cricket
Marmite
Worcestershire Sauce
Coronation Street
The Angel of the North
Marmalade
The BAFTAS
Ellie Simmonds
The WI
Oldham Athletic

... etc

Please post links to your source when copy and pasting

[citation needed]

#168 21.Feb.18 20:48:27

Tony

Philpot wrote:
sg wrote:

The NHS
Team GB
Proper pubs
Her Majesty, the Queen
Bradley Wiggins
Our armed forces
Proper cups of tea
The RAF
Sir David Attenborough
The BBC
Buckingham Palace
Decent bacon sandwiches
The Lake District
Tower Bridge
Fry-ups
Stonehenge
Prince William and Kate
The Royal British Legion
Mo Farah
Our ability to apologise
James Bond
Harry Potter
Sarcasm
Beans on toast
Neighbourly spirit
Cornish pasties
Multiculturalism
Real ale
Cream teas
The Salvation Army
Jessica Ennis Hill
Judi Dench 
David Beckham
Glastonbury
Stiff upper lip
Hadrian’s wall
Absolutely Fabulous
Cricket
Marmite
Worcestershire Sauce
Coronation Street
The Angel of the North
Marmalade
The BAFTAS
Ellie Simmonds
The WI
Oldham Athletic

... etc

All very well but you can’t get a chicken sandwich at KFC roll

War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

#169 21.Feb.18 20:53:17

Rebel

Tony wrote:
Philpot wrote:
sg wrote:

The NHS
Team GB
Proper pubs
Her Majesty, the Queen
Bradley Wiggins
Our armed forces
Proper cups of tea
The RAF
Sir David Attenborough
The BBC
Buckingham Palace
Decent bacon sandwiches
The Lake District
Tower Bridge
Fry-ups
Stonehenge
Prince William and Kate
The Royal British Legion
Mo Farah
Our ability to apologise
James Bond
Harry Potter
Sarcasm
Beans on toast
Neighbourly spirit
Cornish pasties
Multiculturalism
Real ale
Cream teas
The Salvation Army
Jessica Ennis Hill
Judi Dench 
David Beckham
Glastonbury
Stiff upper lip
Hadrian’s wall
Absolutely Fabulous
Cricket
Marmite
Worcestershire Sauce
Coronation Street
The Angel of the North
Marmalade
The BAFTAS
Ellie Simmonds
The WI
Oldham Athletic

... etc

?

Last edited by Rebel (21.Feb.18 20:54:18)

#170 21.Feb.18 20:55:03

Rebel

Philpot wrote:
sg wrote:

The NHS
Team GB
Proper pubs
Her Majesty, the Queen
Bradley Wiggins
Our armed forces
Proper cups of tea
The RAF
Sir David Attenborough
The BBC
Buckingham Palace
Decent bacon sandwiches
The Lake District
Tower Bridge
Fry-ups
Stonehenge
Prince William and Kate
The Royal British Legion
Mo Farah
Our ability to apologise
James Bond
Harry Potter
Sarcasm
Beans on toast
Neighbourly spirit
Cornish pasties
Multiculturalism
Real ale
Cream teas
The Salvation Army
Jessica Ennis Hill
Judi Dench 
David Beckham
Glastonbury
Stiff upper lip
Hadrian’s wall
Absolutely Fabulous
Cricket
Marmite
Worcestershire Sauce
Coronation Street
The Angel of the North
Marmalade
The BAFTAS
Ellie Simmonds
The WI
Oldham Athletic

... etc

You forgot Rockin all over the World and Whatever you want .

Last edited by Rebel (21.Feb.18 20:55:29)

#171 21.Feb.18 21:06:54

sg
Administrator

And corporate tax evasion

[citation needed]

#172 21.Feb.18 21:19:28

Philpot
Banned

Tony wrote:
Philpot wrote:
sg wrote:

The NHS
Team GB
Proper pubs
Her Majesty, the Queen
Bradley Wiggins
Our armed forces
Proper cups of tea
The RAF
Sir David Attenborough
The BBC
Buckingham Palace
Decent bacon sandwiches
The Lake District
Tower Bridge
Fry-ups
Stonehenge
Prince William and Kate
The Royal British Legion
Mo Farah
Our ability to apologise
James Bond
Harry Potter
Sarcasm
Beans on toast
Neighbourly spirit
Cornish pasties
Multiculturalism
Real ale
Cream teas
The Salvation Army
Jessica Ennis Hill
Judi Dench 
David Beckham
Glastonbury
Stiff upper lip
Hadrian’s wall
Absolutely Fabulous
Cricket
Marmite
Worcestershire Sauce
Coronation Street
The Angel of the North
Marmalade
The BAFTAS
Ellie Simmonds
The WI
Oldham Athletic

... etc

That’s an American problem ?

#173 21.Feb.18 23:23:48

Woody

Philpot wrote:
Tony wrote:
Philpot wrote:

The NHS
Team GB
Proper pubs
Her Majesty, the Queen
Bradley Wiggins
Our armed forces
Proper cups of tea
The RAF
Sir David Attenborough
The BBC
Buckingham Palace
Decent bacon sandwiches
The Lake District
Tower Bridge
Fry-ups
Stonehenge
Prince William and Kate
The Royal British Legion
Mo Farah
Our ability to apologise
James Bond
Harry Potter
Sarcasm
Beans on toast
Neighbourly spirit
Cornish pasties
Multiculturalism
Real ale
Cream teas
The Salvation Army
Jessica Ennis Hill
Judi Dench 
David Beckham
Glastonbury
Stiff upper lip
Hadrian’s wall
Absolutely Fabulous
Cricket
Marmite
Worcestershire Sauce
Coronation Street
The Angel of the North
Marmalade
The BAFTAS
Ellie Simmonds
The WI
Oldham Athletic

... etc

That’s an American problem ?

K annot      F ind      C hicken

Last edited by Woody (21.Feb.18 23:25:21)

I would if I could but I can't,

#174 22.Feb.18 07:52:59

Philpot
Banned

A recent report from Just over the hills

Momentum plots council takeover in Leeds

18th Feb 2018
MOMENTUM is accused of plotting a council takeover in Leeds in what is being dubbed “the next Haringey” by Labour moderates.

Far-Left activists are fielding candidates in Shadow Justice Secretary Richard Burgon’s Leeds East constituency, where an unprecedented number of Labour councillors in the city have stood down, fearing de-selection attempts.

The move echoes the Momentum takeover in the London borough of Haringey where moderate Labour leader Claire Kober quit, blaming “sexist, bullying and undemocratic” behaviour of socialists infiltrating the party.

Momentum candidates have been installed in the four wards which make up Burgon’s constituency, with one activist lamenting what would happen “if only” Momentum had the power to de-select sitting councillors.

Burgon, 37, who is a close ally of Jeremy Corbyn, is a vocal supporter of Momentum and once described working-class Labour moderates as “repugnant”.

He also said young Conservatives should not feel comfortable talking politics in a pub and described David Cameron as a “piggy-eyed chinless wonder”.

Alec Shelbrooke, who is Tory MP for neighbouring Elmet and Rothwell, said: “This Momentum takeover shows yet again that Labour are now putting their own politics before ordinary people and their priorities.

“Momentum have supported hiking council tax, cuts to head teachers’ pay, and disruptive bin strikes – showing how working people would pay the price with higher taxes and worse local services.”

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics … over-Leeds

#175 23.Feb.18 11:32:58

Barleycorn

Philpot - some advance warning.

Local Labour activists are heading out tomorrow - as part of the concerted, organised aim to win swing council seats and in later elections MP's.

http://events.labour.org.uk/event/107570

This is being organised by Labour.  The campaigners will all be Labour members (tomorrow, several will be from around here, inc me) and it is only going to increase.

The tories do nothing like this - ever.  They don't have the numbers, or the inclination.   They rely on Murdoch, Dacre and the BArclays to do their campaigning in the 'burbs...      but as Corbyn said this week, change is coming.

So, before the event, i am clarifying that ALL correspondence about this is official, Momentum are NOT organising it - albeit the broad left movement is sharing tactics and resources.

It will happen all over the North West, and all around the UK - maybe even on the leafier streets around Oldham.

It is NOT a commie insurrection - I can say, with almost 99% certainty, that those out door knocking will be teachers, health workers, social workers, council admin staff, academics, charity workers,  students, shop workers... etc etc

If you don't believe me, why not come along and speak to a few of those there - there is even a buffet at lunch.

Wether you come or not, please don't retrospectively start to dismiss these events (and there will be an increasing number in a slow burn build up to the next elections, local and national)  as a 'Momentum coup'  - you will be doing the Daily Mails dirty work, not revealing the truth.

Come along, see for yourself.  Speak to the organisers, the volunteers. 

Last edited by Barleycorn (23.Feb.18 11:34:41)

#176 23.Feb.18 16:38:21

Philpot
Banned

Barleycorn wrote:

Philpot - some advance warning.

Local Labour activists are heading out tomorrow - as part of the concerted, organised aim to win swing council seats and in later elections MP's.

http://events.labour.org.uk/event/107570

This is being organised by Labour.  The campaigners will all be Labour members (tomorrow, several will be from around here, inc me) and it is only going to increase.

The tories do nothing like this - ever.  They don't have the numbers, or the inclination.   They rely on Murdoch, Dacre and the BArclays to do their campaigning in the 'burbs...      but as Corbyn said this week, change is coming.

So, before the event, i am clarifying that ALL correspondence about this is official, Momentum are NOT organising it - albeit the broad left movement is sharing tactics and resources.

It will happen all over the North West, and all around the UK - maybe even on the leafier streets around Oldham.

It is NOT a commie insurrection - I can say, with almost 99% certainty, that those out door knocking will be teachers, health workers, social workers, council admin staff, academics, charity workers,  students, shop workers... etc etc

If you don't believe me, why not come along and speak to a few of those there - there is even a buffet at lunch.

Wether you come or not, please don't retrospectively start to dismiss these events (and there will be an increasing number in a slow burn build up to the next elections, local and national)  as a 'Momentum coup'  - you will be doing the Daily Mails dirty work, not revealing the truth.

Come along, see for yourself.  Speak to the organisers, the volunteers. 

Thanks for the heads up but as someone who has worked and leafletted for the Labour Party for 31 years I do have a rough of the campaign process

But the process that I supported for many years was campaign to get the best deal for the working classes of Britain through the traditional Labour Party

That is not what Comrade Corbyn and his Red coated Momentum want.

They are anti-British, anti-working class, anti-Semitic, pro Islamist and Marxist to their core

They do not represent the Labour Party that I have worked for and supported all my adult life

Nor do they want the best for this nation

#177 24.Feb.18 10:13:34

Philpot
Banned

Barleycorn you forgot to mention that the  Labour Party and Momentum will join forces with the Communist Party of Britain at a “cooperation” meeting next month.

The CPB are the Marxist-Leninist wing of Britain’s communist movement. They are holding a “fraternal” conference where they will team up with Corbynistas to plot joint aims and activities.

Momentum officer Michael Calderbank will speak at the meeting entitled: “Working With Labour for a Socialist Future”.

Adverts for the event show two red hands grasping each other, one emblazoned with the Labour Party’s red rose logo, the other with the communist hammer and sickle

The Communist Party of Britain aims to “put Britain on the road to socialist revolution” by means including “extra-parliamentary struggle.”

The party openly praises the Soviet Union, Maoist China and other totalitarian communist regimes. Will you be going Barleycorn?

Are you going to acknowledges that this Momentum dominated is now Labour openly working together with communists?

http://london.carpediem.cd/events/59883 … l-library/

#178 24.Feb.18 20:13:50

Barleycorn

ooops.

Can only imagine the fevered posts if a left, Momentum suporting/supported Labour MP had been forced to apologise to Theresa May for lying...

until that day, here is the Tory Vice Chairman, admitting to a blatant, unfounded lies about Corbyn.

"I fully accept that my statement was wholly untrue and false. I accept that I caused distress and upset to Jeremy Corbyn by my untrue and false allegations, suggesting he had betrayed his country by collaborating with foreign spies.

I am very sorry for publishing this untrue and false statement and I have no hesitation in offering my unreserved and unconditional apology to Jeremy Corbyn for the distress I have caused him.’"

Ben Bradley MP ( and liar).

https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2018/02/c … to-corbyn/

Last edited by Barleycorn (24.Feb.18 20:14:24)

#179 24.Feb.18 21:46:35

Philpot
Banned

Oooops

Barleycorn forgot to mention this one

MPs endorse Labour council candidate who claimed ISIS doesn't exist

Birmingham MPs Jess Phillips and Liam Byrne endorse candidate who urged people to 'grow up' after Westminster terror attack

Safia Noor, a Labour candidate in Birmingham's Small Heath ward, also suggested people should "grow up" after the terrorist attack in Westminster last year, in which five people were killed along with the terrorist.

She apologised for the comments last year.

But party members have told BirminghamLive they were shocked to see her endorsed by city MPs Liam Byrne (Lab Hodge Hill) and Jess Phillips (Lab Yardley).

Mr Byrne is the author of a book, called Black Flag Down, which warns the west is in danger of losing the propaganda battle with extremist groups.

The two MPs are pictured on a leaflet published by Labour in advance of local elections taking place on May 3.

They praise Ms Noor along with another candidate, Zaheer Khan, saying: "Zaheer and Safia grew up locally and live locally. That's why they understand the issues that matter to Small Heath."
The leaflet states: "Liam and Jess back the new team".
On March 22 2017 terrorist Khalid Masood drove into innocent victims on Westminster bridge - killing four - before stabbing police officer Keith Palmer to death.

The same day, Ms Noor posted publicly on Facebook: “Can people relax and stop fighting on Facebook, sadly people died in Westminster today but people die everyday in Syria Palestine Africa Rohingya Kashmir.. Need I carry on?!! Grow up and stop pointing fingers!”

On March 27, she commented on a Guardian article which carried the headline. “Westminster attacker Khalid Masood had interest in Jihad - police”.

Ms Noor posted to her followers: “So someone got stabbed after the attack last week as a result of media and government claiming that SO CALLED ISIS HAD CLAIMED RESPONSIBILITY.

There is no ISIS and there is no proof.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.birmin … 319590.amp

#180 25.Feb.18 10:16:55

Philpot
Banned

Momentum plots to take over Manchester City Council

25th Feb 2018

A MOMENTUM supporter branded Labour councillors running Manchester “the Asian Godfather mafia” at a meeting last week. The unnamed activist also claimed that they “stopped democracy happening”.

Ben Clay, Momentum candidate for Manchester City Council, also spoke at The Labour Party Democracy Review meeting.

He said “moderates” in his party created an atmosphere whereby “you walk into the room and you’re not sure if you are going to get a bullet in the back of your head”.

Around 20 per cent of councillors serving Manchester are from a black or ethnic minority background.

Another member said councillors should be “automatically mandated” to follow branch policy, indicating how Momentum seeks to take over “moderate” councils.

Momentum has already been accused of using this tactic in Haringey and Leeds.

Mr Clay then went on to accuse the “moderates” in his party of using technicalities to maintain control.

He was selected as a candidate for the upcoming local elections after Carl Austin-Behan, Manchester’s first openly-gay mayor, was deselected.

Marcus Jones MP, Conservative vice chairman for local government, said: “Once again Labour are putting their own politics before ordinary people and their priorities.

“Momentum has supported massive council tax hikes, cuts to headteachers’ pay and disruptive bin strikes – wherever they are in charge, working people would pay the price with higher taxes and worse services.”

Momentum members gathered for the meeting which looked at “how our hugely expanded membership becomes a mass movement which can transform society”.

Last week the Sunday Express exclusively revealed how Momentum was trying to take over Leeds City Council, where an unprecedented number of Labour moderates have already stood down.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics … s-jones-mp

#181 25.Feb.18 11:21:56

Barleycorn

Local council candidates are not, with all due respect to what they do, the Vice Chairman of the governing party.

We could trade inappropriately made comments all day ( all month) by members of the public, on all sides - it isn't the same.

#182 26.Feb.18 07:07:44

Philpot
Banned

The only thing Ben Bradley did wrong was omit the word ‘allegedly’ from his tweet!

That many him easy prey for the lawyers!

However there is no disputing that dossier number 12801/subsection 326, codename "COB" met with the Czechoslovak spy Agent Dymic

#183 26.Feb.18 11:38:56

Barleycorn

Philpot wrote:

The only thing Ben Bradley did wrong was omit the word ‘allegedly’ from his tweet!

That many him easy prey for the lawyers!

However there is no disputing that dossier number 12801/subsection 326, codename "COB" met with the Czechoslovak spy Agent Dymic

Only if he told a lie / had no way to legally prove his statement.

#184 26.Feb.18 11:43:08

Barleycorn

useful link, if folks want to helpout locally or nationally.

https://join.peoplesmomentum.com/

yikes  yikes yikes

wink wink

smile

#185 27.Feb.18 07:53:39

Philpot
Banned

Barleycorn consider the housing situation in Haringey where Momentum have gained a significant foothold are are now pulling the strings.

There is major housing shortage which led the council to go into partnership with private developer Lendlease.

There were plans for a £2billion public/private deal to build 6400 new homes. It would have radically improved the local area.

It was sensible, it would work, it was affordable.

But to Momentum it was sacrilege.

Doing deals with the evil private sector? Outrageous!

The swivel eyed Momentum activists wailed that it would mean gentrification.!!

Now the housing scheme looks dead in the water, with the dream of regeneration killed off too.

And Barleycorn that's the problem with the hard Left, their obsession with class warfare over common sense policies that would actually improve people’s lives.

Their other ideas for Haringey sound wonderful on paper but bear little scrutiny in the real world.

They say they will scrap council tax for the poorest, give free school meals to every child, house the homeless in council properties and bring all outsourced contracts back under council rule.

Sounds great but where’s the money for all this?

Because of course, the grand ideas of socialists routinely lead to bankruptcy.

The last time the hard Left seized control of a council was the Trotskyist group Militant’s take over of Liverpool in the 80s.

Remember how that ended Barleycorn?

I will remind you

It ended with multi million pound debts and redundancy notices sent to 30,000 council workers.

As Mrs Thatcher put it, the trouble with socialism is that eventually you run out of other people’s money.

#186 27.Feb.18 16:28:01

Philpot
Banned

More lunacy today from Corbyns Labour who have announced that transgender model Munroe Bergdorf has become an LGBT adviser to Labour.

Bergdorf was sacked last September by her previous employer L'Oreal after she posted on Facebook that “All white people are racists”

She says she's "thrilled" to have been asked to help the political party "form and push through fairer and more effective policy change".
She made the announcement, which included a photo of her with leader Jeremy Corbyn, on Twitter.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-43211136

#187 28.Feb.18 08:24:11

Rebel

Apparently trans species is the next thing on the agenda   .

#188 28.Feb.18 09:26:20

exile

What sort of toilets will they need then

who is bigger Mr Bigger or Mr Biggers son ? the son he is a little Bigger

#189 28.Feb.18 20:17:26

Philpot
Banned

exile wrote:

What sort of toilets will they need then

Presumably toilets that do not allow white people

#190 01.Mar.18 16:34:19

Philpot
Banned

Another Labour Council quits due to far left bullying https://order-order.com/2018/03/01/anot … imidation/

#191 02.Mar.18 14:13:55

sg
Administrator

Apparently every time the daily mail does an anti-Corbyn headline there is a spike in Momentum new member signups.

Well, today the same has happened here on ILR. All this momentum bashing in this topic has taken me from passively supporting them to actively and financially supporting them. I signed up this morning for £3 per month.

[citation needed]

#192 02.Mar.18 15:01:17

crackerbarrel

sg wrote:

Apparently every time the daily mail does an anti-Corbyn headline there is a spike in Momentum new member signups.

Well, today the same has happened here on ILR. All this momentum bashing in this topic has taken me from passively supporting them to actively and financially supporting them. I signed up this morning for £3 per month.

tummenupp

Happiness is a journey, not a destination.

#193 02.Mar.18 18:19:44

Barleycorn

crackerbarrel wrote:
sg wrote:

tummenupp

Looking forward to hearing some of what you/they suggest.

As mentioned previously, met a lot of Momentum members in Mcr & Yorkshire and they are, without exception, lovely in my experience.

Some snaps of official docs would be illuminating...

#194 02.Mar.18 19:41:22

Philpot
Banned

Barleycorn wrote:
crackerbarrel wrote:
sg wrote:

tummenupp

Looking forward to hearing some of what you/they suggest.

As mentioned previously, met a lot of Momentum members in Mcr & Yorkshire and they are, without exception, lovely in my experience.

Some snaps of official docs would be illuminating...

Communist also consider themselves lovely people

Leading West German social democrat Kurt Schumacher famously said that the communists were "red-painted Nazis"

#195 03.Mar.18 21:51:39

sg
Administrator

Today I voted on 14 momentum proposals. Any proposal that gets 50% support will be adopted as a campaign objective. Most or all relate to increased transparency and accountability within the Labour Party and one proposal seemed to make it harder for an MP to enjoy automatic deselection every election.

So far the vibe I’m getting is that momentum love strong democracy and strong voting rights for grass roots members.

[citation needed]

#196 05.Mar.18 20:49:28

Philpot
Banned

DXjJG0sWsAAt3lh?format=jpg&name=medium

#197 06.Mar.18 10:59:34

Barleycorn

Change the record, please.

This one seems suitable...

#198 06.Mar.18 14:59:09

Philpot
Banned

He/she sounds as paranoid about the Daily Mail as you Barleycorn big_smile

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/labo … -bb20mq3hv

A Labour Party adviser on LGBT+ issues has resigned after The Times revealed that she had called a Twitter follower a “hairy barren lesbian” and said that she wanted to “gay bash” a television star.

Munroe Bergdorf, a transgender model and campaigner, announced this morning that she had stepped down from her position and blamed “attacks on my character by the conservative rightwing press”.

Her decision comes three days after The Times revealed offensive tweets she had written about lesbians and gay men. In one, she made fun of a friend, saying: “How’s your barren womb? We all know your little secret . . . hairy lesbian!”

#199 06.Mar.18 15:51:06

Barleycorn

Two posts up you cited Bergdorf as part of the (your) problem with Corbyn & Labour - following a resignation - still not good enough. a sign of paranoia ?!?   

Maybe you didn't even realise it was in one of your many your cut & paste posts from anti-left sites.

Out of interest (given it apparently applies to Corbyn all day every day) if the right wing fringes of the web, or some nasty commentators in the media abuse a person/sector of society - is that all directly at the door of Theresa May ??

I guess not, otherwise you would mention it. 

A few sad old (alleged) anti Semites pop up on the left, there are some harsh words on the odd husting  - WHAAA!! got to be Corbyns fault, his cabinet supports abuse and he tolerates bullying etc etc etc - yet,  raging bigots, homophobes, racists abound on the right - nothing to do with May or her cabinet.

What a surprise...

hmm  hmm  hmm  hmm

Last edited by Barleycorn (06.Mar.18 16:01:06)

#200 06.Mar.18 16:54:09

Philpot
Banned

Momentum’s Communist colours are shining through more and more every day

DXjZDy-WAAElomx?format=jpg&name=900x900

Board footer