No adult jokes please... my Mother reads this website!

You are not logged in.

#1 10.Feb.18 17:56:07

Ron Powell

Royton Roadworks

There was plenty of notice of closure of Rochdale Road North of the High Barn St Traffic lights but what's the problem North of Dogford Road traffic lights?. That was also closed this morning. yikes  sad

#2 10.Feb.18 18:17:40

Tabbycat

Re: Royton Roadworks

Hi Ron, a sink hole has appeared in the road. There are a couple of threads about it on here, I think under Talk about Royton.

Hope this helps.

Once you've read a dictionary everything else is just a remix

#3 10.Feb.18 19:04:40

nola

It's such bad timing, but you can't plan for a sink hole I suppose

Really called Janet (and still confused)

#4 11.Feb.18 13:12:26

Ron Powell

Thank you for the info folks.

#5 11.Feb.18 15:26:32

nola

Ron Powell wrote:

Thank you for the info folks.

xx

Really called Janet (and still confused)

#6 11.Feb.18 20:03:23

LittleRach

Today seems better.  Had to get to Broadway and it wasn’t much of a hassle, as long as you can work out which ‘road closed’ signs to ignore, and which ones really mean it!

But Monday morning will be the big test!

Though we cannot make our sun stand still, yet we will make him run.

#7 11.Feb.18 20:50:01

Tony

LittleRach wrote:

Today seems better.  Had to get to Broadway and it wasn’t much of a hassle, as long as you can work out which ‘road closed’ signs to ignore, and which ones really mean it!

It seems quieter to go round the barriers up to the Deli and left to come out on Highbarn and back to the lights, there were big queues along Sandy Lane even today.

War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

#8 11.Feb.18 22:35:26

LittleRach

Tony wrote:
LittleRach wrote:

It seems quieter to go round the barriers up to the Deli and left to come out on Highbarn and back to the lights, there were big queues along Sandy Lane even today.

I went up Radcliffe street, then turned right, then over on to the road that takes you down past Dryclough (no good with Street names!)

If I went down sandy lane, I wouldn’t know where to go at the other end!

#9 11.Feb.18 23:12:24

Tony

LittleRach wrote:
Tony wrote:
LittleRach wrote:

I went up Radcliffe street, then turned right, then over on to the road that takes you down past Dryclough (no good with Street names!)

It’s just left at the end of Sandy Lane up to the lights and right towards the hospital Rach.

#10 11.Feb.18 23:37:22

Mags

What part of the road is actually shut? Can you still go through the lights somehow?

#11 12.Feb.18 00:15:31

Tony

Mags wrote:

What part of the road is actually shut? Can you still go through the lights somehow?

No you can't get to the lights it is dug up opposite the side of the co-op.

#12 12.Feb.18 08:47:33

ridge walker

The snow looks beautiful this morning, just come back from taking snaps before it melts off the trees, the first cars have managed to climb the hill after rock salt was put down by a neighbour last night, i wont be moving or clearing any snow untill it thaws, i can wait.  The excavation had to have steel shuttering for safety reasons but its a tight space to work in to repair the calapse, its  not expected to be anything more than a small section of pipe and they did say they still line these drain systems without having to expose a bigger section, locally if under a garden they wont do this if tree roots have got in, not many know where underground drains are which were laid 100 years earlier and to have cobbles and tram rails put on top you can understand how old the system is, stupid placing them under a highway in the first place, oh no it isnt served us well hasnt it?

#13 12.Feb.18 10:46:26

Mags

Thanks Tony. I thought you may have been able to come down High Barn and turn left at the lights.

#14 12.Feb.18 11:39:52

Tony

Mags wrote:

Thanks Tony. I thought you may have been able to come down High Barn and turn left at the lights.

You can do that Mags it's from the Rochdale side it's blocked.

#15 12.Feb.18 13:00:11

Rebel

Yesterday morning at the town hall   numptys driving past the road close signs and then realising that  road closed actually means road closed for everybody   .

I was in the House when the house burned down !.

#16 12.Feb.18 13:42:31

Woody

10-30 This morning one motorist turned right out of Radcliffe Street towards the lights drove over the road closed sign lay flat in the road that had blown over parked out side the Post Office and took a parcel in the driver was from Venus, ops   

While those from Mars stood watching shaking there heads and laughing,    Enough said,  lol

I would if I could but I can't,

#17 12.Feb.18 14:06:00

Penguin

I walked to the dentist this morning as I didn't have a clue what the traffic was going to be like, especially with the addition of snow, but it didn't seem too bad.  Hope they manage to get the job done on time otherwise I predict total chaos next Monday when the schools restart after the half-term break!

Oh Brilliant!  big_smile

#18 12.Feb.18 21:10:28

Mags

That's what I was thinking Penquin, especially Sandy Lane.

#19 12.Feb.18 22:00:05

LittleRach

Tony wrote:
LittleRach wrote:
Tony wrote:

It’s just left at the end of Sandy Lane up to the lights and right towards the hospital Rach.

Really? I thought the whole thing was closed at those lights!

#20 12.Feb.18 22:48:50

Tony

LittleRach wrote:
Tony wrote:
LittleRach wrote:

Open three ways at the lights.

#21 13.Feb.18 21:33:16

LittleRach

Tony wrote:
LittleRach wrote:
Tony wrote:

Open three ways at the lights.

Yup!  Went that way today.  So much easier than what I’d been doing!  lol

#22 14.Feb.18 13:40:05

ridge walker

The repair is now complete but an anti-skid surface has to be applied tomorrow so the road will reopen about noon, the black treatment is more noticeable at the approach to the crossing point, i was not aware it was also at the traffic lights, with a brush up the road could have been open today, the diverted traffic on Sandy Lane was awful especially with the junction with Radcliffe St, drivers were not leaving a gap for others to enter or exit, so traffic backed up back to Middleton road and the Railway , just a few yards left open with traffic ahead at a standstill would have freed it up, but they decided they had waited long enough as the precinct car park had constant coming and going, and stupid drivers were parked at the curb, why are we so poor at dealing with this sort of thing- do i have to do everything for them Ha Ha, feels like it.

#23 15.Feb.18 15:02:19

ridge walker

Nothing,not a thing done by 12noon, perfect dry conditions and sunny yet the road remains closed, they hadnt even swept the surface, the UU team were still in attendance parked up at the town hall, did they intend to just treat the few metres of the repair area or cover the entire road width from the lights back 25 metres, if this is waiting for those few sq' yards when the town centre is log jammed whats the reaction- cant be helped- nothing we can do- or sack em,  even if they finished early you cant sit on it for the full 9 days, wheres the plan B to step in and finish the job and re-open the road, if the workmen worked hard so have the management, reap the reward rather than squander it away like this, so dissapointing for everyone and deserves a full apology and a reduction in our water bills of !0%, or let the council do it, errr are they any better ?

#24 15.Feb.18 16:31:44

crackerbarrel

Ridge - it's just been put on Facebook that the roads now open! tummenupp

Happiness is a journey, not a destination.

#25 15.Feb.18 16:41:33

Tony

Hurrah

#26 15.Feb.18 17:05:54

China Girl

I thought I was imagining things! I went to  Royton today and the road was closed, I did a bit of shopping and when I'd finished the road seemed to be open.  What a relief tummenupp

#27 15.Feb.18 17:35:14

ridge walker

They must have read my post.

#28 15.Feb.18 17:53:23

crackerbarrel

ridge walker wrote:

They must have read my post.

tummenupp

Happiness is a journey, not a destination.

Board footer