Meanwhile Labour are busy trying to make voter fraud easier

https://action.labour.org.uk/page/s/democracy

#205 06.Mar.18 22:39:13

Tabbycat

Re: Momentum - The emerging face of Communism in Royton

Philpot wrote:

It is 5 local authorities down South that are rolling this out. Pretty pointless IMO as most of the voting fraud is done with postal votes, not in the polling booths.

The polling clerks will need a pay rise if they are to be expected to check everyone's IDs too.

Once you've read a dictionary everything else is just a remix

#206 06.Mar.18 23:07:39

MikeS

Philpot wrote:

Along with those enemies of the state Age UK, Stonewall and the Salvation Army.

#207 07.Mar.18 05:09:28

Philpot
Banned

Northern Ireland requires voter ID.

Turnout in 2016 NI assembly elections was 54.9%

London does not, yet 2016 turnout was 45.6%

Neither does Wales, with turnout of 45.3%.

Voter ID doesn't reduce turnout, but would guarantee the integrity of the election.

#208 07.Mar.18 09:48:14

MikeS

Philpot wrote:

Voter ID doesn't reduce turnout, but would guarantee the integrity of the election.

Would it be impossible to fake an ID?
What form of ID will be accepted? I expect many people will want to be sure this is not a backdoor way to a national ID card. You will need a very rigorous form of ID to guarantee the integrity of the election.

The facts you quote don't show that voter ID doesn't reduce turnout. There may be other factors, especially in NI, which affect turnout and will need to be considered to make a conclusion.

#209 07.Mar.18 10:16:29

Philpot
Banned

MikeS wrote:
Philpot wrote:

Would it be impossible to fake an ID?
What form of ID will be accepted? I expect many people will want to be sure this is not a backdoor way to a national ID card. You will need a very rigorous form of ID to guarantee the integrity of the election.

The facts you quote don't show that voter ID doesn't reduce turnout. There may be other factors, especially in NI, which affect turnout and will need to be considered to make a conclusion.

Voter ID was introduced in Northern Ireland 15 years ago by the Labour government tongue

So how is NI doing ?

Zero cases of fraud

99% of voters report "no issues" with photo ID on voting day

"Little evidence" of voters being "turned away" at the polls

Voter Turnout at a record record high

DXpje8GWAAA38Qp?format=jpg&name=medium

And

DXpje7ZXUAA0Uu_?format=jpg&name=medium

#210 07.Mar.18 10:39:27

MikeS

I'll assume your cut and pastes are from a reliable source. They may indicate that voter ID reduces the possibility of personation but again, there is no proof there that it affects turnout.

#211 07.Mar.18 11:38:44

Philpot
Banned

MikeS wrote:

I'll assume your cut and pastes are from a reliable source. They may indicate that voter ID reduces the possibility of personation but again, there is no proof there that it affects turnout.

https://www.electoralcommission.org.uk/ … h-2016.pdf

#212 07.Mar.18 11:45:13

Philpot
Banned

And from the same source

DXrgK65WsAEVsxT?format=jpg&name=medium

#213 07.Mar.18 12:37:46

James Larkin

Philpot wrote:
James Larkin wrote:

You must be a right laugh at parties, Philpot

"I've put a tube of pringles out for us all to share"

"COMMIE!!!!!"

Another thoughtful contribution there

As for my parties ...... well I doubt you will be invited  tongue

We are commenting on a thread entitled "Momentum - The emerging face of Communism in Royton", I'll be serious on a serious thread.

#214 08.Mar.18 07:53:41

Philpot
Banned

James Larkin wrote:
Philpot wrote:
James Larkin wrote:

You must be a right laugh at parties, Philpot

"I've put a tube of pringles out for us all to share"

"COMMIE!!!!!"

Another thoughtful contribution there

As for my parties ...... well I doubt you will be invited  tongue

We are commenting on a thread entitled "Momentum - The emerging face of Communism in Royton", I'll be serious on a serious thread.

So James, who gets your backing for as the new General Secretary of the Labour Party?

Jennie Formby or Jon Lansman?

And do you back the calls from Momentum that the Labour Party should sever its ties with the Trade Unions?

#215 08.Mar.18 19:02:19

Philpot
Banned

Barley... remember when you mention how old anti semites pop up in Labour Party ...

Labour probes claim anti-Semitic material was posted to Facebook group that Jeremy Corbyn took part in

By Dan Bloom Political Reporter Shaun Connolly
15:31, 8 MAR 2018

Posts in the Palestine Live group are said to have referred to the "Jewnazi" and denied the Holocaust. A spokesman for Mr Corbyn said: "Jeremy condemns antisemitism"

Labour is investigating claims anti-Semitic material was posted in a private Facebook group that Jeremy Corbyn also took part in.

Blogger David Collier wrote a lengthy dossier on the Palestine Live group, claiming Mr Corbyn appeared to have been a member until around the time he became Labour leader in 2015.

Screenshots collected by Mr Collier appeared to show one post in the group saying "it's all over for the Jewnazi" while others shared posts claiming the Holocaust was a "hoax".

Separate screenshots showed activists repeatedly tagging Jeremy Corbyn in posts to the Palestinian rights group, in one case asking if he could organise an event in Parliament.

Mr Corbyn apparently replied to one in 2014 saying he would be "delighted" to invite a Palestine solidarity activist to Westminster.

He also apparently replied to another thread in 2014, in which a previous commenter had used the term "Zio".

A spokesman for the Labour leader said: "Jeremy condemns antisemitism in all its forms in the strongest possible terms.

"He does not want the support of antisemites, who have no place whatsoever in the labour movement.

"This Facebook group is being investigated and if Labour members are found to have posted antisemitic material, disciplinary action will be taken

But Euan Philipps of the Labour Against Anti-Semitism group told HuffPost UK the response so far was "totally inadequate".

Earlier today former chief rabbi Lord Sacks called on the Labour leadership to do more to combat anti-Semitism.

Lord Sacks told The Jewish News: "Any political party has to adopt a zero-tolerance approach to anti-Semitism. If they fail to do so they are a danger not only to themselves but to the country and all its inhabitants.

"I hope the Labour Party under its current leadership adopts that policy and pursues it much more vigorously than it has done until now."

Asked what key comments he would want to say to Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn if he sat down with him, Lord Sacks said: "I would want to see clearer signs of resolute action by a party and its leader before I would even sit down with them full stop."

A spokesman for the Labour leader added: "Jeremy Corbyn and the whole Labour Party condemns and campaigns against anti-Semitism in all its forms.

"We strengthened our rules last year to guarantee there is no place in Labour for prejudice or bigotry. Our party has deep roots in the Jewish community and is actively engaged with Jewish organisations across the country.

"We are campaigning to increase support and confidence in Labour among Jewish people in the UK."

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/ … c-12150951

#216 01.Apr.18 08:21:56

Philpot
Banned

I notice Barleycorn continues to ignore the rampant anti Semitism within Corbyns Labour. Such is the way of Momentum

Anti-Semitism row Momentum official Christine Shawcroft quits Labour NEC

The Labour official at the centre of an anti-Semitism row has resigned from the party's ruling committee.

Christine Shawcroft said her membership of the NEC had "become a distraction for the party and an excuse for endless intrusive media harassment of myself, my family and friends".

The row erupted after it emerged she had opposed the suspension of a council candidate accused of Holocaust denial.
Ms Shawcroft will be replaced on the NEC by comedian Eddie Izzard.

Dozens of Labour MPs and peers had urged Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn to suspend Ms Shawcroft from the NEC.

In a statement announcing her resignation on Saturday night, she said: "I reaffirm my complete opposition to anti-Semitism and my abhorrence of Holocaust denial, and support all measures to tackle this within the party."
She added that she would "pledge my full energy to securing for our country the Labour government under Jeremy Corbyn that it so desperately needs."

On Thursday, Ms Shawcroft - who is a director of the Corbyn-backing campaign group Momentum - resigned from another position as chair of Labour's disputes panel.
The furore over her defence of Alan Bull, who was standing in Peterborough in May's local elections, comes amid a wider row in which Mr Corbyn has been accused of failing to tackle anti-Semitism within his party - particularly within its left flank.
Mr Corbyn himself was criticised last week for opposing the removal of an anti-Semitic mural in east London in 2012.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-43605840

#217 01.Apr.18 08:25:27

Philpot
Banned

And ....

Exposed: Jeremy Corbyn’s hate factory

Jeremy Corbyn faces a damaging new anti-semitism scandal as a bombshell dossier reveals the full extent of anti-Jewish, violent and abusive comments on Facebook groups mobilising his most fervent supporters.

Twelve senior staff working for the Labour leader and the shadow chancellor, John McDonnell, are members of groups containing anti-semitic and violent comments, including praise for Adolf Hitler and threats to kill Theresa May, the prime minister.

The most comprehensive investigation conducted into 20 of the biggest pro-Corbyn Facebook groups — numbering 400,000 members — found routine attacks on Jewish people, including Holocaust denial.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/news … -kkh55kpgx

#218 02.Apr.18 00:45:43

Barleycorn

Right.

My definitive, and only reply about this.   For clarity and because there is no point going round in circles.

1.  There is anti semitism in the Labour Party.   Sad but true.  Where it occurs, I condemn it.   As does Corbyn, from all I have read.

As Philpot references...   

philpot wrote:

Barley... remember when you mention how old anti semites pop up in Labour Party ...

2.   Anti Semitic actions/thoughts/writing is, has been and probably will be a small part of western culture.  Like point 1, this is sad but true.   All across Europe, for a thousand years, there have been pogroms, hate and all manner of awful behaviour.   All very wrong, all reprehensible - not one bit of which gets any support from me or anyone I personally know on the left.

3.  I do not see any more antisemtic behaviour on the left than elsewhere - nor in the labour party.  In fact, I would suggest there is far less, proportionately, than in wider society.

4.  The tirade against Corbyn is being "weaponised" by some people with ulterior motives.   That does not excuse nor diminish any wrongdoing by some Labour supportors who have been anti-Semitic - BUT neither do those actions have any cause & effect under Corbyn, imo.  In fact, those who exploit such incidents for political gain are further abusing the victims.

5.  The hate, bile and outright racism that is clear for all to see on the right is worse.   Worse in tone, frequency, violence, scale, consequences. 

6.  All of the above has to be weighed against the daily rolling MSM coverage of the problems (and there are some) in Labour, as it wrestles with a tiny minority of problem supporters.   Why is this coverage happening now ( May elections) who is pushing it?  - tax dodging, vested interest press barons who fear Corbyn and their political wing, the Tories,  who fear Corbyn.

7.  The lack of similar scrutiny, and therefore parity, in the press  for the myriad instances of tory MP's, cabinet members, supporters, councillors, journalists, bloggers, etc etc who spew hate and use crass, racist, crude and offensive language (Boris the Clown at the head of this motley queue)  tells its own story - draw your own conclusions, but I know what I think.

8. Philpot, and all those who perpetuate the tory antiCorbyn agenda are not only falling for a huge con trick, they are exploiting ( knowingly or otherwise)  the misery of victims of genuine abuse for their own political goals.

Welcome Back Philpot, Happy Easter.   (Please vote Labour on May 3rd).

ps - that Times article is woeful - the worst kind of tabloid 2+2 = 5 whataboutery posing as journalism.   Murdoch must love it.

Last edited by Barleycorn (02.Apr.18 00:54:55)

I went through ALL your posts, found nothing,

#219 02.Apr.18 10:31:05

Philpot
Banned

Barleycorn wrote:

Right.

My definitive, and only reply about this.   For clarity and because there is no point going round in circles.

1.  There is anti semitism in the Labour Party.   Sad but true.  Where it occurs, I condemn it.   As does Corbyn, from all I have read.

As Philpot references...   

philpot wrote:

2.   Anti Semitic actions/thoughts/writing is, has been and probably will be a small part of western culture.  Like point 1, this is sad but true.   All across Europe, for a thousand years, there have been pogroms, hate and all manner of awful behaviour.   All very wrong, all reprehensible - not one bit of which gets any support from me or anyone I personally know on the left.

3.  I do not see any more antisemtic behaviour on the left than elsewhere - nor in the labour party.  In fact, I would suggest there is far less, proportionately, than in wider society.

4.  The tirade against Corbyn is being "weaponised" by some people with ulterior motives.   That does not excuse nor diminish any wrongdoing by some Labour supportors who have been anti-Semitic - BUT neither do those actions have any cause & effect under Corbyn, imo.  In fact, those who exploit such incidents for political gain are further abusing the victims.

5.  The hate, bile and outright racism that is clear for all to see on the right is worse.   Worse in tone, frequency, violence, scale, consequences. 

6.  All of the above has to be weighed against the daily rolling MSM coverage of the problems (and there are some) in Labour, as it wrestles with a tiny minority of problem supporters.   Why is this coverage happening now ( May elections) who is pushing it?  - tax dodging, vested interest press barons who fear Corbyn and their political wing, the Tories,  who fear Corbyn.

7.  The lack of similar scrutiny, and therefore parity, in the press  for the myriad instances of tory MP's, cabinet members, supporters, councillors, journalists, bloggers, etc etc who spew hate and use crass, racist, crude and offensive language (Boris the Clown at the head of this motley queue)  tells its own story - draw your own conclusions, but I know what I think.

8. Philpot, and all those who perpetuate the tory antiCorbyn agenda are not only falling for a huge con trick, they are exploiting ( knowingly or otherwise)  the misery of victims of genuine abuse for their own political goals.

Welcome Back Philpot, Happy Easter.   (Please vote Labour on May 3rd).

ps - that Times article is woeful - the worst kind of tabloid 2+2 = 5 whataboutery posing as journalism.   Murdoch must love it.

More and more people can see what the Labour Party is changing into Barleycorn

Surely you can too ....

Top Labour donor Sir David Garrard quits party over anti-Semitism row

One of Labour's biggest private donors has left the party, saying he no longer feels "any affinity or connection" with it.
Sir David Garrard accused the party leadership of failing in its response to the "most blatant acts of anti-Semitism".
He has donated about £1.5m to Labour since 2003 - but Sir David claimed the party he had supported "no longer exists".
Labour's current leadership had in effect "supported and endorsed" acts of anti-Semitism, Sir David told The Observer.

"As one of the former leading political and financial supporters of the Labour Party, of which I was a member for so many decades, I no longer feel any affinity with, or connection to, what it seems to have become," he said.
"I have watched with dismay and foreboding the manner in which the leadership has, in my view, over the last two years, conducted itself."

Sir David said the party had "failed to expel many of those who have engaged in the grossest derogatory fantasies about Jewish/Zionist conspiracies - and Jewish characterisations and accusations which conjure up the very kind of antisemitic attacks that led to such unbearable consequences for innocent millions in the past".
"So there no longer exists a party which even pretends to maintain and promote the principles and the integrity of what always was, to me, the Labour party," he added.

"On the contrary, I have been witnessing, since Mr Corbyn became leader, a philosophical and a political policy which espouses, in nearly every respect, the very antithesis of the great party under whose reputation, and under whose flag, it now seeks to fly and where so many other Jews were once so proud to stand."

Meanwhile, The Sunday Times reports 12 senior members of staff working for Mr Corbyn and shadow chancellor John McDonnell were in social media groups that contained anti-Semitic and violent comments.
The newspaper looked into 20 of the biggest pro-Corbyn groups on Facebook, with around 400,000 members, and found attacks on Jewish people, including Holocaust denial.

https://news.sky.com/story/top-labour-d … w-11312352

#220 02.Apr.18 15:05:58

Barleycorn

The helpful Microsoft paperclip has been inspired to come back from early retirement...

DZw5_uVXcAAutxR.jpg:large

Last edited by Barleycorn (02.Apr.18 15:07:08)

#221 02.Apr.18 15:48:35

Tony

Is your last post definitely definitive Barley monkey

War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

#222 02.Apr.18 21:22:27

LittleRach

Or definitively definite?

Though we cannot make our sun stand still, yet we will make him run.

#223 02.Apr.18 23:38:19

Barleycorn

Hahaha.

ops  ops  ops

#224 11.Apr.18 05:18:52

Rebel

Local Elections    . Observations .... 1 . Momentum  haven't made a dent in the local Labour Party .  2.  Royton North ? Is it that barren of suitable Labourites that it has appoint someone who doesn't even live in the town or even in the ward ?   .

Last edited by Rebel (11.Apr.18 07:02:40)

I was in the House when the house burned down !.

#225 02.May.18 18:58:38

Philpot
Banned

And now James Larkin has disappeared from the Labour candidate list for this weeks local election !

#226 02.May.18 19:27:24

sg
Administrator

This topic ran its course.
Now closed

[citation needed]

Board footer