Please read the rules. If in any doubt email iloveroyton@gmail.com

You are not logged in.

China Girl

#1 07.May.18 09:21:33

Philpot
Banned

The weather

Great isn’t it. Makes the world seem like a better place

Children riding their bikes and lovely short skirts and summer dresses on show with the pubs and bars busy with smell of barbecues on the air and people smiling all day long  big_smile

#2 07.May.18 09:25:44

Penguin

Re: The weather

Philpot wrote:

lovely short skirts and summer dresses on show

And that's only the blokes! big_smile

Currently enjoying my second cuppa of the day sat outside enjoying the warmth.. The sun hasn't even got here yet! smile

Oh Brilliant!  big_smile

#3 07.May.18 09:50:52

Tabbycat

Philpot wrote:

Great isn’t it. Makes the world seem like a better place

Children riding their bikes and lovely short skirts and summer dresses on show with the pubs and bars busy with smell of barbecues on the air and people smiling all day long  big_smile

Milly must be having a few days out  wink

Enjoy the weather everyone. I think this weekend must be to compensate us for the horrible Spring we've had.
The birds are singing and my garden is coming on in leaps and bounds now smile

Once you've read a dictionary everything else is just a remix

#4 07.May.18 10:15:52

Tony

lol @ Penguin & Tabby.
Not looking good for next weekend though back to 12C by then  sad

War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

#5 07.May.18 12:25:34

Milly Savage
Banned

How very dare you the Tabbycat !!!

I'm wearing hotpants today.

Any similarity to dirty jokes or political comment is purely coincidental.

#6 07.May.18 12:30:33

Philpot
Banned

Simply ....Simply .....  Loveleh

#7 07.May.18 13:19:41

Tony

Milly Savage wrote:

How very dare you the Tabbycat !!!

I'm wearing hotpants today.

lol  lol

#8 07.May.18 22:01:24

LittleRach

I don’t know!  I’ve been at work.  In a room that was actually hotter than the centre of the sun.

Though we cannot make our sun stand still, yet we will make him run.

#9 07.May.18 22:14:53

Tabbycat

Poor Rach sad
But never mind, ar least you didn't have to view the sights that were on show at Hollingworth Lake today.

If only everyone would heed the saying "Dress for the body you have and not the body you wish you had"   yikes  yikes

#10 08.May.18 08:16:35

ridge walker

81f  yesterday in the shade, 28c and its continueing into today with showers later, expect a 10 degree drop in temperatures.  wearing shorts now and no top or socks, laugh at tabby at the sights on display at the lake- if your comfortable who cares ha ha,  so unflattering and those nurses know how to cope, its hotter than the sun in the winter in the wards.

#11 08.May.18 09:53:21

Philpot
Banned

Still hot and sunny this morning but the forecast is for cooler weather soon. A 10 degrees drop as Ridgewalker says brrrrrrrrrr

#12 08.May.18 12:52:26

James Larkin

Ways I didn't want to spend yesterday - running round after a cricket ball. Imagine my delight when we lost the toss and Royton decided to bowl. I drank about 20 litres of water, and slept like a brick last night  lol

#13 08.May.18 19:49:24

LittleRach

James Larkin wrote:

Ways I didn't want to spend yesterday - running round after a cricket ball. Imagine my delight when we lost the toss and Royton decided to bowl. I drank about 20 litres of water, and slept like a brick last night  lol

lol
But don’t you have to do both anyway? Just in a different order? (Bat and bowl I mean?)

#14 08.May.18 21:01:23

crackerbarrel

James Larkin wrote:

Who were you playing for James - were you playing for Denton in the cup match?   big_smile

Happiness is a journey, not a destination.

#15 08.May.18 21:25:14

China Girl

Its gone flippin chilly outside flippin quickly  neutral  or is it me who's just soft?

#16 08.May.18 21:26:26

crackerbarrel

Ive put me cardi on China Girl, but not the heating, not yet anyway!  smile

#17 08.May.18 21:27:48

China Girl

It still feels warmish inside but outside that colder air definitely seems to have crept in.  No heating on here either  smile

#18 08.May.18 21:30:40

Tabbycat

I tried to put the heating on but it refused to budge because it's apparently at the top of the stat alreadsy! Brrr! No it's not just you, China. Put an extra woollie on!

#19 09.May.18 08:09:08

ridge walker

Streets full of blossom petels and leaf husks as the buds open, left the car on the drive and left the window open but forgot to put it in the garage, bit of a panic when the rain started clearing the patio of cushions and table dressings, knew it was due but  wasnt paying attention, hate putting the car away wet through, heving to dry the inside, and the matt is covered in pink cherry from my slippers in the rush, first job will be to brush and vac them at 9 o'clock, one thing is the rain is turning my front lawn green again and it need another cut if it drys off a bit, wet cutting glog the mower up.

#20 09.May.18 13:19:46

James Larkin

LittleRach wrote:
James Larkin wrote:

lol
But don’t you have to do both anyway? Just in a different order? (Bat and bowl I mean?)

Yes but we only had 9 players, 6 of whom were under 20. It would have been much quicker if we had batted first. We impressed this on our captain. Repeatedly  lol

#21 09.May.18 13:20:24

James Larkin

crackerbarrel wrote:
James Larkin wrote:

Who were you playing for James - were you playing for Denton in the cup match?   big_smile

Heyside. I may as well have been playing for Denton on Saturday however  roll  lol

#22 09.May.18 20:10:08

LittleRach

James Larkin wrote:
LittleRach wrote:
James Larkin wrote:

lol

Yes but we only had 9 players, 6 of whom were under 20. It would have been much quicker if we had batted first. We impressed this on our captain. Repeatedly  lol

Ahhh.  OK.
(Still don’t really get it, but I’ll nod and smile and pretend that I do!  lol )

I don’t mind a cricket match if it’s sunny, because it’s a nice excuse to sit and sunbathe for a couple of hours.

#23 09.May.18 22:08:20

crackerbarrel

LittleRach wrote:

I don’t mind a cricket match if it’s sunny, because it’s a nice excuse to sit and sunbathe for a couple of hours.

Me too Rach - only snag at Royton Cricket Club is that the sun is always on one side, so unless you spend half the afternoon with your back to the cricket then you only fry down one side & look a right idiot next day.   neutral

#24 10.May.18 00:31:01

Tabbycat

lol  Cracker

#25 10.May.18 08:26:30

Tony

crackerbarrel wrote:

Me too Rach - only snag at Royton Cricket Club is that the sun is always on one side, so unless you spend half the afternoon with your back to the cricket then you only fry down one side & look a right idiot next day.   neutral

lol  lol

#26 10.May.18 08:35:47

Philpot
Banned

LittleRach wrote:
James Larkin wrote:
LittleRach wrote:

lol

Ahhh.  OK.
(Still don’t really get it, but I’ll nod and smile and pretend that I do!  lol )

What James is trying to say is that Heyside were by some degree a weaker team time Royton

So if Heyside has batted first they would have been all out quite quickly

And Royton would have then knocked off the winning runs quite quickly

However what happened was Royton batted first and only lost one wicket scoring over 300 runs while the Heyside fielders had to chase the ball for 40 overs (quite a long time)

Then Heyside batted and were all out quite quickly for about 100 as expected

So, in other words Heyside spent all day getting beaten, when they would have preferred to have been beaten quite quickly

Hope this helps

#27 10.May.18 18:27:52

LittleRach

Right. Got it!

#28 13.May.18 10:50:18

Philpot
Banned

Looking good again. Another decent week ahead o reckon  big_smile

#29 13.May.18 23:52:39

China Girl

I think it was a lot warmer and sunnier today than they had predicted.  You are right philpot, the next few days are certainly looking good  big_smile

#30 14.May.18 15:02:03

Philpot
Banned

China Girl wrote:

I think it was a lot warmer and sunnier today than they had predicted.  You are right philpot, the next few days are certainly looking good  big_smile

Just rubbing on the factor 50 big_smile

#31 14.May.18 15:05:29

Erin

Gorgeous, sunny day today.  Makes me want to start making holiday plans.  smile

Board footer